Did you read our 1st blog, Real, Sustained Weight Loss After the Holidays?
If you’ve found your motivation and you’re ready for more weight loss tips, here they are:
- When you go out, skip the foods that you can eat anytime you like, you know what I mean, the basket of bread, the basket of chips, etc. Instead, enjoy the special foods that you might not make at home or have access to in other restaurants.
- Stay Hydrated
- Drink lots of water and try herbal tea to help you feel full, especially after dinner
- Avoid eating anything after 7pm, as your body will tend to store those nutrients as fat, instead of burning them up.
- Go through your pantry and fridge and throw out or give unopened items to the local food bank. The 2 extra bags of chips, cookies, candy and any other foods with empty calories.
- As you’re going through your fridge and pantry ask yourself if you have what you need to make healthy meals with lots of fresh vegetables and whole grains. If not, it’s time to make a shopping list for the ingredients you need.
- Commit to finding and making the healthy recipes that you like and you know you’ll eat
- Try to be aware of unconscious eating, like when you’re angry and you find yourself standing in front of the open fridge mindlessly chowing down on last night’s take-out.
- Avoid sodas and fruit juice, opt instead for flavored club soda or water with a squeeze of lemon or lime.
- Do eat a balanced breakfast that has protein, this helps your blood sugar stay on a nice even level without a lot of highs and lows that can lead to cravings.
- Try yogurt with a little granola, nuts and a few blueberries
- Scrambled eggs with cheese, avocado and salsa will help you feel full all day
- Limit alcohol as it really weakens any resolve you might have struggled to maintain. Once people have a drink, they’re more likely to eat high calorie foods they normally wouldn’t as a treat.