If you forgot 1 pill:
Take it as soon as you remember, and use a back up method of birth control for 3 days to be safe. You may notice some breakthrough bleeding or spotting for a few days.
If you forgot 2 pills in a row:
Take 2 pills as soon as you can, and 2 more the next day to catch up. Use a back up method of birth control for 3 days to be safe. You may notice some breakthrough bleeding or spotting for a few days.
If you’re always forgetting pills
Consider switching to another method of birth control.
- Mirena IUD
- Paraguard IUD
- And my favorite, a girl’s best friend, Condoms.
In any case, do plan ahead:
- Make sure you get your pills refilled
- Figure out a time that you can take them every day
- How about when you brush your teeth at night?
- Carry them with you or keep them in the same place where you live
- Use an alarm on your phone to remind you to take them
- And always have your best friend, condoms, available, just in case.